RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
Call 0412 224 168 for Pricing
Approximately half a day.
On-site at your workplace, or alternatively a
suitable training venue can be organised.
Training Dates Available to suit your needs
Communicate in the Workplace RIICOM201D
This nationally recognised unit is designed for individuals who are required to communicate in the workplace within the resources and infrastructure industries. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
Course content includes
Planning and preparing for workplace communication using equipment and systems –
- Applying, interpreting and applying site communication documentation
- Identifying and accessing communication equipment components and systems
- Establishing and maintaining communication with others
Communicating using communication equipment and systems –
- Identifying and accessing communication
- Applying, Identifying and selecting most appropriate communication system
- Using communication equipment and systems
- Acknowledging and responding to communication
- Taking, confirming and passing on messages promptly to others in a clear and concise manner
- Following safety procedures including the passing of reports
- Identifying and reporting faults in communication equipment
Carrying out face-to-face routine communication –
- Speaking clearly and listening carefully to promote understanding
- Asking questions and confirming meaning of information
- Using site approved signalling methods to convey information
- Participating in discussion to obtain and clarify information
- Communicating cooperatively and effectively with others
Completing written documentation –
- Completing written documentation clearly, concisely and on time
- Using approved documents and passing on written information to others
Face to face delivery. The course involves a theory and practical assessment.
Pre-requisites / Entry Requirements
There are no prerequisites, however participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English.
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Upon successful completion, participants receive an electronic copy of Statement of Attainment.