RIIHAN308F – Load and unload plant
On-site at your workplace.
Multiple Training Dates Available
Load and Unload Plant RIIHAN308F
It is crucial to ensure personnel are deemed competent and adequately trained in the safe loading and unloading of plant and equipment onto floats or trailers.
This nationally accredited course provides people with the knowledge and skills required to perform plant and equipment loading and unloading tasks safely.
Course Content Includes –
Preparing to load and unload plant
- Accessing, interpreting and applying load handling documentation to ensure work activity is compliant
- Obtaining, interpreting, clarifying and confirming work requirements
- Identifying hazards and environmental issues, assessing the risks and implementing control measures in line with workplace policies
- Selecting and wearing personal protective equipment required for work activities
- Obtaining and displaying signage, and erecting barriers to isolate the loading and unloading site from general traffic flow in line with safe work practices
Loading the plant in line with established requirements
- Confirming the dimensions and capacity of the float or trailer to safely carry the plant
- Selecting tools and loading equipment in line with work requirements
- Identifying faults, and rectifying or reporting prior to commencement of work, within scope of own responsibility and according to workplace procedures
- Confirming preparation procedures of the plant for transportation has been completed
- Placing and securing loading aids in line with workplace procedures
- Confirming the loading procedure with operator and/or guide before loading commences
- Moving the plant item onto the trailer or float and halting at the designated position as per workplace procedures
- Securing plant to trailer or float in line with workplace procedures
Unloading the plant in line with established requirements
- Confirming the unloading procedure with operator and guide before unloading commences
- Placing and securing unloading aids, including ramps, in accordance with the trailer or float specifications
- Slackening securing devices and removing according to workplace procedures
- Moving the plant item off the trailer or float and halting at the designated position
- Stowing loading aids including ramps, bridging materials and securing devices as per workplace procedures
Face to face delivery. The course involves a theory and practical assessment. This course can be conducted on-site provided specific requirements are met.
Pre-requisite / Entry Requirement
There are no prerequisites, however participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English.
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Closed toe shoes
Upon successful completion, participants receive a wallet card and an electronic copy of Statement of Attainment.