Now is the time to consider a career in traffic control.
What is traffic control?
How to I become a traffic controller?
- Have a valid drivers licence
- Hold white card (construction induction white card)
- Read, write and understand English
The next step is to sit a traffic controller course with a registered training provider such as Star Training and Assessing, which will provide you with the practical and theoretical knowledge you need to start your career in the industry.
You will learn how to:
- Control traffic using a stop slow bat
- Use communication tools e.g. signs and two way radio
- Ensure the safety of workers and the general public
- Control traffic in emergencies
With a quick search you will find that traffic controllers are in demand; roads and infrastructure are one of the largest areas of employment at the moment so enroll in a traffic control training course today and kick off your career!