Machine operators are responsible for:
- Operating, maintaining and monitoring equipment and heavy machinery
- Detecting problems with operational equipment
- Assisting with heavy machinery emergencies
- Performing maintenance on machinery to ensure its operating correctly
- Adjusting machinery and settings to ensure they are correct
Embarking on a job as a machine operator can give you the opportunity to work in a variety of roles in the building, construction and mining industries.
Tickets to get your foot in the door for a Machine Operator job
White card/Construction Induction
This ticket is a legal requirement and the outcomes demonstrate awareness of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), the legislative requirements and basic risk management principals to prevent injury or illness on a construction site.
Earthmoving Plant Ticket
- Earthmoving can include
- Loading and hauling of materials
The best advice is to invest in tickets and training and therefore invest in you when wanting to land a job operating machinery. Having the necessary tickets at time of job application will make you stand out from the crowd when applying for machine operator jobs if you already have the tickets they require.