RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
Call (07) 3556 5327 for Pricing
On-site at your workplace, or alternatively a suitable
training venue can be organised.
Training Dates Available to suit your needs
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces RIIWHS202D
A confined space is defined as ‘an enclosed or partially enclosed space which is not intended or designed primarily as a workplace’ it may have a restricted entry and exit, and/or an atmosphere which contains potentially harmful levels of a contaminant, unsafe levels of oxygen or may cause engulfment’.
This nationally recognised unit covers entering and working in confined spaces in the resources & infrastructure industries.
The target group of this course are construction workers working within Civil Construction, Coal Mining, Drilling, Extractive Industries and Metalliferous Mining Industry.
Course Content Includes –
Planning and preparing to work in confined spaces
- Accessing, interpreting and applying procedures for confined space entry
- Obtaining, confirming, clarifying and applying work instructions and safety requirements
- Obtaining and confirming entry permits
- Confirming and applying emergency response procedure with the stand-by person
- Identifying, obtaining and implementing signage and barrier requirements
- Selecting and checking tools and equipment for the tasks
- Identifying, confirmation and applying environmental protection requirements
- Positioning rescue equipment by the entry permit.
Working in confined space
- Gaining access to confined space
- Testing and monitoring atmosphere for hazardous elements
- Correctly applying tagging and lock-out procedures
- Entering confined space correctly
- Maintaining ongoing communication with the stand-by person
- Complying with the entry permit including monitoring and adhering to allocated entry time.
Exiting confined space
- Exiting confined space correctly
- Recovering tools, equipment and material
- Conducting inspections of the confined space
- Securing access to the confined space
- Removing tagging and lock-outs
- Accurately completing confined space entry permit
- Clearing work area and disposing or recycling materials
- Cleaning, checking, maintaining and storing tools and equipment
- Removing, cleaning and storing barriers and signs.
Face to face delivery. The course involves a theory and practical assessment.
Pre-requisites / Entry Requirements
There are no prerequisites, however participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English.
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Closed toe shoes
Upon successful completion, participants receive a wallet card and an electronic copy of Statement of Attainment.