RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
Book and Pay Online
Book via phone
On-site at your workplace, or alternatively at our
Melbourne training facility:
16 Laser Drive, Rowville VIC 3178
Multiple Training Dates Available
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces RIIWHS202D
A confined space is defined as ‘an enclosed or partially enclosed space which is not intended or designed primarily as a workplace’ it may have a restricted entry and exit, and/or an atmosphere which contains potentially harmful levels of a contaminant, unsafe levels of oxygen or may cause engulfment’.
This nationally recognised unit covers entering and working in confined spaces in the resources and infrastructure industries.
The target group of this course are construction workers working within Civil Construction, Coal Mining, Drilling, Extractive Industries and Metalliferous Mining Industry.
Course Content Includes –
Planning and preparing to work in confined spaces
- Accessing, interpreting and applying procedures for confined space entry
- Obtaining, confirming, clarifying and applying work instructions and safety requirements
- Obtaining and confirming entry permits
- Confirming and applying emergency response procedure with the stand-by person
- Identifying, obtaining and implementing signage and barrier requirements
- Selecting and checking tools and equipment for the tasks
- Identifying, confirmation and applying environmental protection requirements
- Positioning rescue equipment by the entry permit.
Working in confined space
- Gaining access to confined space
- Testing and monitoring atmosphere for hazardous elements
- Correctly applying tagging and lock-out procedures
- Entering confined space correctly
- Maintaining ongoing communication with the stand-by person
- Complying with the entry permit including monitoring and adhering to allocated entry time.
Exiting confined space
- Exiting confined space correctly
- Recovering tools, equipment and materials
- Conducting inspections of the confined space
- Securing access to the confined space
- Removing tagging and lock-outs
- Accurately completing confined space entry permit
- Clearing work area and disposing or recycling materials
- Cleaning, checking, maintaining and storing tools and equipment
- Removing, cleaning and storing barriers and signs.
Face to face delivery. The course involves a theory and practical assessment.
Pre-requisites / Entry Requirements
There are no prerequisites, however participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English.
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Closed toe shoes
Upon successful completion, participants receive a wallet card and an electronic copy of Statement of Attainment.